No Place Like Home

Random musings on adoption, recovery, and life on life's terms. Enjoy!

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No place Like Home

I've spent the last year or so visiting two different adoption based websites. The first one was heavily moderated and discriminated against people who did not agree with the religious views of the owner. So a wonderul woman took it upon herself to start a new site where all people were welcome and moderation is kept to a minimum.

I love and hate this site at the same time. I love the woderful people who are genuine and supporting of each other, but often that is clouded by angry people who just want to stir up shit for the sake of stiring up shit.

Of coarse I'm not a pollyanna who thinks that everyone should just get a long etc..... But damn it sucks being in the minority. I have experienced two sides of the adoption triad. I am an adoptee and a birthmother. There are times when the two sides are at odds with each other.

There are times when I just don't like the fact that I was adopted. I experienced what most would call a "bad" adoption. My parents were ill equiped to raise a child and had not thought things through completely before adopting me. I get that, I really do. I'm not mad at them like I used to be, I'm mad at the system that allows this to happen. I'm mad at agencies that do everything they can to obtain their product which is a child.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home