No Place Like Home

Random musings on adoption, recovery, and life on life's terms. Enjoy!

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

The Serenity Prayer

Something that just occured to me after reading some heated discussion about personal responsibility is the Serenity Prayer. A lot of people know the short version but I would like to share the long version here.

"God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things i can, and the wisdom to know the difference. Living one day at a time, enjoying each moment, accepting hardship as the pathway to peace. Trusting that He will make all things right if I surrender to His will, that I may be reasonably happy in life, and supremely happy with Him in the next. Amen"

I need to remind myself to read this more often.

1 Comments:

Blogger Heather said...

It's beyond words really! Just waiting to find out what will happen if anything.

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home